It’s always worth checking out what those clever teens find interesting so I thought I would give Pheed a try.
Here’s a quick tutorial showing you round the basic features.
Well I’m not really sure yet about Pheed. I did try uploading a video clip and I’m still waiting for it to appear, but there are some things I like about it.
- I like that it has the choice between video, image and audio.
- I also like the extended writing space of 420 characters.
- It does look like there is some nice creative work being posted too, though some of it certainly isn’t appropriate for below 13s.
- I do like the business model – Users who monetize their Pheed share the revenue with them – as it isn’t dependent on advertising.
What I’m not so sure about is its ability to unseat rivals like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- You can upload images, but it has none of Instagram’s filters to make them actually look nice.
- Okay, the teens like it at the moment, but how long can you sustain a business based on that?
- I’ve been using Tumblr for a while which also has much better integration with other platforms like Scoop.it.
Well I’ll be keeping Pheed on my iPhone for a while and I’ll see if it gets used or not. Let me know what you think.
- Are you likely to download Pheed?
- Are you already using it?
- What are your apps of preference for mobile blogging?
Published at Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:38:00 +0000